Most of these are pretty obvious – but some might surprise you…
- Apple and pear pips – slightly toxic, a few won’t harm though
- Avocado, cherry, plum, peach and apricot stones – they tend to splinter
- Orange and grapefruit skins – but put the pith in, it contains lots of nourishing stuff
- Use lemon and lime skins in moderation
- Citrus pips – unless you have a really good blender
- Banana, kiwi, pineapple, mango and melon skins – any skin that you wouldn’t eat naturally
- Table sugar and sweetners – there are better ways!
- Asparagus and aubergine/eggplant – just don’t work for me, some people do like them though
- Garlic – unless you really like the taste, it overwhelms everything else
- Potatoes and turnip – turnip greens are OK though
- Pumpkin, sweet potato and butternut squash. Probably should be cooked first – they also have a better flavour when cooked.
- Mushrooms – never heard of anyone trying, maybe you could be the first
- Corn-on-the-Cob, green beans and pulses – why would you?
- Wasps – because they’re just evil
I’d add to that list – too many greens. You can’t just make a smoothie out of greens – it will taste terrible. You have to balance the ingredients so they taste good.
Have I missed anything? Please let me know.